National Institute for Certified Educational Measurements
National Institute for Certified Educational Measurements is a state budget organization with a legal personality, founded by the Ministry of Education of the Slovak Republic. It was established on 1st September 2008 as a part of changes in the educational system introduced by the new Education Act in the Slovak Republic.
The basic mission of NUCEM includes:
- providing external part and written form of internal part of school leaving examination assigned by the Ministry of Education,
- providing external testing of pupils at primary schools Testing 9,
- preparation of international measurements in accordance with programmes where the Slovak Republic participates according to their rules.
The main aim of our work is:
- implementation of certified educational measurements at national level,
- preparation of international measurements in accordance with programmes where the Slovak Republic participates and fully complies with the rules of individual programmes,
- research and development in the area of measurements and evaluation of the quality of education,
- continuous monitoring of the results of education, conditions and development of education at national level as well as their international comparison,
- evaluation of the quality of education at primary and secondary schools at the level of national educational programmes.
Information related to the Act 211/2000
National Institute for Certified Educational Measurements as a mandatory institution communicates with public via the Department of Economic Administration by providing information according to the legislative act no. 211/2000 about free access to information. On the basis of the law everybody has the right to information, which is available for mandatory institutions. Information is provided without declaring the reason or interest, for which the information is needed.